ICT IN OUTDOOR & ADVENTURE INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
The aim of the Professional Development Programme is to train participants in Outdoor and Adventure Learning techniques and methodology via ICT while promoting Inclusion & Diversity and a deeper relationship with nature through activities in order to respond critically to the demands of our times.
“ICT in Outdoor & Adventure Inclusive Education” concerns the pedagogical use of Mobile Learning & Augmented Reality in natural surroundings, as a means to cultivate the skills of Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving. The pedagogical utilization of the above promotes Inclusion & Diversity in that they cater for all types of learners: visual, auditory, kinesthetic etc.
More specifically, the trainees will become familiar with interactive applications of Augmented Reality and Digital Storytelling (e.g. e books), combined with Land Art, in order to produce learning designs and scenarios in which the learners will be creative and engaged.
During the course, the participants will visit historical and natural monuments of Crete.
The trainees will become familiar with interactive applications of
- Gamification Application
- Augmented Reality application,
- Digital Storytellind
- Land Art
- Mobile Learning
- Inclusion and Environmental Responsibility
- Experiential Learning
in order to produce interactive environments in which the learners will be creative and engaged.
During the course, the participants will visit historical and natural monuments of Heraklio (Knossos Palace etc)
The participants are expected to:
1. Become Familiar with Mobile Learning
2. Become familiar with Augmented Reality Applications
3. Be able to produce and disseminate Digital Storytelling Projects
4. Become familiar with the Principles and Methodology of Distance Learning
5. Promote their collaboration and communication skills
6. Understand and respond to diverse abilities
7. Create Inclusive Learning Scenarios
8. Extend their ability to use more ICT in and out of the classroom.
9. Promote collaborative creativity and Inclusion through the pedagogical use of ICT as one of the most important tools for teachers, in order to cultivate the skills of Collaboration, Creativity, Problem Solving and Critical Thinking.
10. Integrate outdoor activities in their teaching
11. Foster deeper relationships with nature and promote environmental responsibility
The training methodology will be based on pioneering collaborative techniques. Trainees will explore and construct their knowledge in groups by using innovational collaborative learning methods.
-Conditions: ICT Basic Skills
-Preparation: Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops, if possible, to be more flexible during the course. An investigative questionnaire is possible to be sent to the participants
-Learning material: The learning material will be available online in the English language.
-Evaluation: The trainees will evaluate the course
-Certification upon completion: The participants will receive, upon completion, a Certificate of Attendance by the University of the Crete/ eLearning Lab, with detailed description of the training content and the duration of the course.
-Follow-up: An online community will be created in order to allow participants to share their experience, best practices etc